Here's how it works:
- When you sign up and enter your zip code / address we determine who your Reps are - House and Senate.
- Once you vote on legislation that's pending in a legislative body a message is created
- (optional) You can add your opinion on the legislation which can be shared with the Countable community and is added to your message
- (optional) You can also edit the message text itself or opt to not have the message sent (web and android only currently)
- After a short amount of time the complete message is queued up to be submitted to your Legislator
How is it submitted?In most cases your message is submitted to your lawmaker in a manner that is similar to sending an email message to them. The message includes your name, address, and email address. This allows your lawmaker to determine that you are, in fact, from their district or state and gives them a way to get in touch with you.
In some cases the message is delivered as an email.
Here's an example message:
I am a voter in your district. I support the legislation H.R. 1446. I encourage you to vote for it. Thanks to Countable.us, I will be receiving updates on how you vote on this and future legislation.
More about this bill: H.R. 1446: REAL Space Act
As a world leader, the U.S. should be at the forefront of space innovation. Returning to the moon and establishing a base there would be a massive accomplishment, creating momentum for further exploration in the final frontier.
-- Countable makes it easy for your Constituents to learn about the issues they care about and let their Representatives know how they feel. Learn more at http://www.countable.us/about/congress or at email@example.com.
How do I know it's been submitted?Great question. In most cases your lawmaker will respond to your inquiry directly, though not necessarily immediately.
We are also working on a dashboard where you can see the status of your messages to your lawmaker.