I suggest Countable ...

Skip voting on a bill (and hide it)

If I don't want to vote on an issue, or I don't care enough to vote, how do I just go on to the next issue without a Yea or Nay?

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BartBart shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  naominaomi responded  · 

Great idea! We’ll look into building it.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidDavid commented  · 

Does "completed" mean this "great idea" has been rejected?
        Below, someone said that a Countable user could "just swipe left" to proceed. That does not work for this Android user.

• DavidDavid commented  · 

I see this as Countable's biggest flaw - one get's to a bill that they have no opinion on and they can no longer even view other bills listed under that Issue. Please add a 'Skip' button.

This "Great idea!" is 2 years old, it took you a year to acknowledge it was a great idea, yet nothing has been done. When I go into a voting booth I can skip a question - give the voters freedom!

• Darrel RaynorDarrel Raynor commented  · 

I am frustrated every time I see a bill I don't know or care enough about to vote on. I bet you are getting a lot of 'frustration' votes because you are not providing a way forward. I have stopped probably five times just shut the browser. C'mon guys, fix this.

• Lady PatchesLady Patches commented  · 

I agree, I should be able to swipe and just skip that bill. You can reintroduce it to my queue the next time I login, but some these, I just do not have an opinion right now.

• NicoleNicole commented  · 

How do I do this? Since the suggestion showed as completed, I assume there must be some way

• Anonymous commented  · 

12 March 2017: Still looking for that "SKIP" option.

• M. BlairM. Blair commented  · 

I concur; that is exactly what I logged on to say. This is a lousy feature. It doesn't keep me clicking away on your site, it makes me give up and leave it.

• ColinColin commented  · 

Why is this marked as "Completed?" I don't see any way to do this - swiping left doesn't work, press-and-hold doesn't work, there's no context-specific menu that I can see, it's not hidden at the bottom of the page...

• margaretmargaret commented  · 

Need to know how to stop getting 600 emails telling someone endorsed my comments. I have iphone

• Anonymous commented  · 

Look into it? You didn't think of this when you designed the app? This is so obvious a need for your users. It happened to me on my third vote.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Simply swipe to the left to pass over an irrelevant issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree, we should be able to chose to hide bills.

Feedback and Knowledge Base