I suggest Countable ...

Offer a confirmation message after one votes yea or nay before the vote is counted or sent to legislator.

For example "Are you sure this is how you want to vote? Have you reviewed the bill thoroughly?"
I've made the mistake a few times where I accidentally vote the wrong way after further review. Would be a good safeguard.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BartBart responded  · 

Smart. Yes, that’s an interesting idea. Thanks for submitting it.

I’d love to hear what others in the community think about it.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I suppose this is why there are so many comments in the wrong column yea or nay? It's very confusing especially if the wrong comment is the first one. People read the first comment and think, yes I agree, and then also place their vote/comment in the wrong column. (?)

• RyanRyan commented  · 

I would also like to see some confirmation that correspondence has been sent to my representatives. I understand that you don't have server space for keeping all of the sent messages but it would be good to have some way to see if the letter you think actually sent. There's not even a 'save' or 'confirm send' button.

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't tell if it is actually sending anything to my rep or not. It's very disappointing. As an IT professional, I rarely trust things to work as they are promised to work. You only can guarantee what you can check.

Feedback and Knowledge Base