I suggest Countable ...

Opt out of sending email to my reps

I would like the ability to vote on a particular topic without having an automated message being sent to my representative.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    YupYup shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  BartBart responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback.

You can opt out of message sending from the countable website and Android app today (just click – “Don’t Send”). We’ll be adding that functionality to the ios app in the next release.

Thanks.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

How do I know if my congress people are getting my votes that are showing them how I want them to vote? (I know I'm not actually voting- just telling them how to vote). I get reply emails from only one Senator. Does that mean the other two may not have necessary software on their end to receive my votes? I don't want my votes to just be going into a black hole and will reach them another way, if need be.

• BrunoBruno commented  · 

The only reason I even found out that this app is sending emails on my behalf is because I started receiving replies from my representative. When I tap Yea or Nay on a bill there's no indication that an email is being sent to anyone. It's very concerning that messages are being sent, supposedly from me, without my knowledge or consent and with no way to review its contents.

• Adam TAdam T commented  · 

I also noticed that this feature does not actually work. I opted out of emailing my reps and I still would receive confirmation emails from their offices. I will be uninstalling...

• Adam TAdam T commented  · 

I'm not seeing where I can opt out of sending to my rep. Will I have to do this each time I vote?

Feedback and Knowledge Base