I suggest Countable ...

Countable "Opinions" and "Public Profile" feedback

We've launched some exciting new features and would love your feedback.

Every Countable user can create a public profile page where you can share your opinions on legislation and get credit when users are influenced by you. You can customize this page with any username you choose, a custom profile picture, links to your social networks and a brief bio.

You can add opinions while you vote and they will automatically be added to your public profile page AND to your message to your Representative.

Your private information (name and location) is not shared.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BartBart shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BartBart responded  · 

Thanks for all of the feedback. We’re making continuous improvements to the Public Profile featureset. Keep it coming!

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to take my last name off my profile, how do I do that??

• Blake SwopesBlake Swopes commented  · 

I'd like the option of making my profile private. With employers googling prospective employees, finding something like this linked to someone's name could potentially lead to a lot of issues.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm not a fan of being able to see other's opinions. They are rarely informative and it generally ends up being a generic bashing of the opposing side. I'd like the option to turn the opinions feature off. That being said I'd love to see more links to opinion pieces done by respected journalists. Opinions are great so long as they're informed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The comments field submits itself without user confirmation. For example, if I switch tabs in Chrome my half written comment will submit to my public profile. I prefer to make a more purposeful submission by way of a submit button.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I believe you're considering rolling this out in the near future, but seeing the comments of others would be a nice feature. I'm not necessarily sure how I'm supposed to view comments from others right now, but as I said it's probably coming soon.

• NormanNorman commented  · 

A way to view other profiles?

• DaveDave commented  · 

think comments might lead to trolling.
        I would like to see conglomerate stats on how everyone on countable voted for a certain bill vs how their reps voted.
        This app is a great idea, but unfortunately I would guess that many reps already have their email spam filters set to filter messages from countable, the same way they filter Union form letters and form letters from other special interest groups.
        I think the only way countable might have an influence is if it was made into a PAC, we all started donating money and then paid them to vote a certain way. It's not one man one vote, it's $ one million one vote

• NormanNorman commented  · 

Like it i think it needs more attractiveness. If someone were to view my profile perhaps being able to click on my vote/description and be redirected to a page where they can view my paragraphs and links. I think this would make people more likely to interact with my profile and see what i had to say. Rather then scrolling down through my vote.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think the opinion option is great to have your opinion attached to letter being sent to reps.

On the other hand I do agree with a few others, I think different opinons will lead to bickering. While I feel that this may also spark a conversation to be had between opposing view. I feel this is overall good thing. This may spark a conversation and also has the potential to get others to become engaged who might not other wise.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is great but I caution everyone to only voice your opinion on legislation you honestly have knowledge. Empty opinions just waste time and I'm sure our reps will ignor them.

• JosephJoseph commented  · 

I love this idea , I just love it.

• BartAdminBart (Founder & CEO, Countable) commented  · 

Great comments. Regarding privacy - your public profile page is yours and your private information is not shown unless you choose to share it.

By default it shows your first name, your profile picture and any opinions you've authored on bills.

You can customize it by:
        - adding a brief bio
        - updating your profile pic
        - selecting a username (and vanity url)
        - adding links to your website, twitter, facebook and google +

Thanks!

• kathryn.rose13kathryn.rose13 commented  · 

Making them anonymous while ensuring some kind of quality (like, only inviting/allowing people who reach participation milestones) as a way of weeding out trolls while protecting people who do submit honest/heartfelt content would make this amazing.

• mick63023mick63023 commented  · 

I find myself having mixed feelings on this one. I like being able to add the comments quickly particularly if they are getting added to the message sent to my rep. This speeds up that process from having to open up that form enter the info and save it, I'm kind of lazy I'll admit this lol.

At the same time I would like an option to make myself anon on this as it is a somewhat private thing and don't know that I want my picture etc linked to this online, but at the same time I can't find where other users can find my profile or view my comment so not sure if that is a huge concern either.

So I like the faster option to add comments to go to my reps but if this is going to become public on my profile I'd like some way of staying anon if should choose to.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This may seem like a good idea but honestly this will bounce back hard. Everyone's opinions on politics is different, and to each person their opinion is the right one. By displaying their thoughts and opinions freely like Facebook or Twitter does, eventually we'll have people fighting. About the stupidest things just because someone doesn't agree. I hope you understand. Thank you for your time.

• StevoStevo commented  · 

The feature to add comments is great, but I prefer to keep my comments private and anonymous.

Beside the fact no one (especially on Facebook) likes to hear political opinions of others, I respect others opinions and not here to force my beliefs on others

Feedback and Knowledge Base