I suggest Countable ...

I'd like to see how my votes compare to my Reps (filters on Rep pages)

I haven't voted on most of the bills my senators and representative have voted on. So when I scroll through their records to see how they voted, 90 percent of the record I don't care too much about. It would be great to have a toggle allowing me to see how they voted only on bills I've voted on.

Thanks so much for all your hard work. This app is truly fantastic, and I hope that it encourages more people to engage with the government. Also, if you're hiring, I'm about to be a master's graduate with programming skills and an interest in politics. I'd love to work for you ;)

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BartBart responded  · 

Interesting. So you’d like to be able to go to your Reps page and then filter for just the bills you’ve already voted on? Very cool. We’ll consider it – thanks for submitting it.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ilya ShlyakhterIlya Shlyakhter commented  · 

List in one place bills where your Rep voted differently from you. And include it in the alerts sent to phone: not just "your Rep just voted!" but "your Rep just voted differently from you!"

• william kuhnwilliam kuhn commented  · 

This would be a feature I would be very interested in. It would help me zero in on specific points of disagreement and foster dialogue with my Congressman, each trying to persuade the other to their way of thinking.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Also, these reports should show how the rep voted compared to all of the app users in his area. It would show whether or not the rep is listening to his constituents. Should they stay in office?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would love to have a monthly, quarterly, and yearly report card that shows my votes in contrast with my reps' votes. A percentage of agreement and an outline of each vote. It would be amazing. :)

• CarolineCaroline commented  · 

Will there be a version of this compatibility quiz for bigger elections? (Presidential?) I would love to be able to take a quiz and see which presidential candidate most closely represents me, especially if it included some of the lesser-known politicians/parties.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the entire point of this app. Without this feature how can we know whether our votes are heard?!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be nice too to give lesser known Candidates an opportunity to show percentage wise how they compare to my incumbents.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This was actually the main reason I wanted to use the app. Please implement!!!

• Ryan DonnellRyan Donnell commented  · 

Thanks Bart! I think this feature would be very useful for all users. Maybe also put out an update via e-mail or app if your rep recently voted on an issue you voted on.

• Ryan DRyan D commented  · 

This will help with seeing if you are being properly represented and if they are listening to you!

• billreedbillreed commented  · 

Be able to view report on the percentage of time the my repernetives voted the same as I did on legislation

Feedback and Knowledge Base