I suggest Countable ...

See how other Countable users have voted on a Bill

Once we vote it would be great to see how other users of Countable responded as well (anonymous of course). Then we could track the differences between the "people" and Congress itself. Thank you Countable team!

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    That One GuyThat One Guy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BartBart responded  · 

Great idea!

What do other people think? Is this something you’d like to see soon?

Vote and let us know.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BushraBushra commented  · 

Ager hum vote 100 baar kerte hai to kya wo ek hi ginti me aate hai ya 100 count hoga
        Pllz tell

• Anonymous commented  · 

YES! What happened to this feature?!

• Anonymous commented  · 

If we are to compare how people on countable vote, compared to another group or individual, doesn't countable have to make sure people are not voting more than once (with multiple accounts)? I trust 99 of 100 people to do the right thing, but if that 100th bad actor votes 100 times it negates everyone else!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Of course! Why wouldn't we want to know, not only how legislators compare to countable users as a whole but also how they compare to countable users in their district.

• JesseJesse commented  · 

100% better and transparent

• Matt DeenMatt Deen commented  · 

I actually just found this page because a similar idea just occurred to me. My idea is to track the number/ percentage of votes elected officials cast in opposition to the majority of their constituents using Countable. I think this would provide an indispensable metric to cite in conversation with our representatives.

• RomanRoman commented  · 

This might seem very obvious and I might just have just not found the feature yet, but how is there no information on the voting pattern of other users of the app. There could be a graph or a chart or a percentage. A poling app with no results serves only as a list of current issues and fulfills only a small portion of its potential.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I stopped using the app because it doesn't show how others voted. Without that, there's really nothing it for me -- I offer up my vote and that's it.

• George V RichardsGeorge V Richards commented  · 

great idea. Probably better than a chat room that would literally ignite on the Internet.

• Joseph KJoseph K commented  · 

Including this data causes a problem with voting, that is, changing one's vote. A vote should be cast based on informed decision-making. By allowing a user to change their vote after seeing how others voted, it greatly influences tie outcome of votes. I'd prefer the purity of encouraging voters to vote based on their own conscience. Of course the alternative is to eliminate the ability to change your vote.

• Zach LZach L commented  · 

I agree with the person who said that you shouldn't show who others voted until the user has voted in order to prevent popular influence from factoring into said user's vote.

On the matter of keeping your personal vote anonymous, I think that option should be opt in or opt out because I am proud of how I vote and I have no desire to hide how I voted.

• BartAdminBart (Founder & CEO, Countable) commented  · 

A user recently said: "Hey Bart!

"When I Yay or Nay an issue, I think there needs to be some immediate feedback, such as a graph animating the user sentiment in relation to others. I envision a graph animating up to show you this and perhaps similar issue opinion. I think this is an important part of herd mentality (and I say that with all due respect to humanity). Perhaps another data point would be the percentage of people who have written their officials (which I imagine is low), might help increase their activism."

• Paul TimmermannPaul Timmermann commented  · 

If we are showing this information, it would be nice to see demographic breakdowns as well (party affiliation, age, gender, etc. )

• Anonymous commented  · 

Post from:November 23, 2014 10:07 PM

100% agree

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think it's a great idea but with one small caveat. Don't show the yay/nay numbers until after the countable user votes as to not influence he or she.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be nice for when elections come around to have that info at my side.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base