I suggest Countable ...

Remove the electoral college

Remove the Electrol college. Let the peoples / popular vote count.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Popular vote is an indication of peoples' principles and to make known their wants and needs from government. Electoral college means a voter in Ohio (or other battle states) has more power than voters in other parts of the country. So many votes in non-battle states are useless since the battle states are the ones that decide the elections. How is that fair? Founding Fathers would be appalled by this imbalance of voters' powers.

• annann commented  · 

The Electoral College should stay as it is. The Founding fathers understood that the popular vote is not an indication of the people.

• Arthur ArchileArthur Archile commented  · 

26 states, with 22 % of the population control the Senate !!! Those white, evangelical rural states don't represent modern America but they keep it hostage. Because of their ideology we still have death penalty, guns all over and a bullish international policy. This disgraceful situation needs to change for "a more perfect union".

• Anonymous commented  · 

Noam:

Don't tell me ...

You live in NY.

Left coast?

Have rich mommy and daddy.

Went to private school?

Ha.

You'll never tell.

[click]

• Anonymous commented  · 

Huh. No fucking way. Read something that isn't fake news.

48 states could vote OVERWHELMINGLY for one candidate.

Forty eight.

One candidate.

Then, the two states with the most people (ok, maybe three) could vote for the *other* candidate.

The rest of the country? The 48 (or 47) other states? States?

Like mini-countries, is historically what the founding fathers visualized.

And we have dolts (ignorant denizens) freaking out over "popular vote" (probably the same ones freaking out over "populism," which I find *very* ironic) saying, basically, to the people in the rest of the 48 (or 47) states, "ha, fuck you!"

Do your homework.

United STATES of American.

INDIVIDUAL rights.

All enshrined in the living document known succinctly as "the Constitution."

Read it some time.

• NoamNoam commented  · 

Look up the NPVIC (national popular vote interstate compact). Seeks to do just this. Push for it in your state.

Feedback and Knowledge Base