I suggest Countable ...

Team up with existing social media platforms

I want more people to use Countable, because I want people to know how much their Federal reps agree or disagree with their opinions. Right now fb (especially) but social media in general is facing a lot of criticism, because they have contributed to political polarization and misinformation in the US. As such, they are currently seeking numerous ways to limit the spread of misinformation and to generally rebuild their reputations.

Teaming up with Countable so that when someone follows Countable on Twitter or Fb, for instance, they get personalized posts/tweets for their specific Congressperson or Senator would both increase the number of Countable users and promote informed voting without encroaching on first amendment rights.

Thus, I propose that the Countable team develop a means to create personalized posts on popular social media platforms and meet with these social media companies, recommending they promote the app in order to offset the political polarization and misinformation that their platforms have been found to propagate.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SamySamy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • smartigansmartigan commented  · 

Please don't team up with FB or other social media. Please. Keep your autonomy. Stay unbiased. Just state the facts of what's up in DC but specifically the legislative branch. Don't look to create click bate. Stick to that mission and your site will be a beacon in the fog of misinformation.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Our reps are not getting this data!

Feedback and Knowledge Base