I suggest Countable ...

Sort by which bills are going to be voted on next

I would like to see which bills are just about to be voted on, and which have just been voted on.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    naominaomi responded  · 

This is a good idea! What do other people think? How would you all like to see bills sorted?

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I like this idea but every time I hit the vote button on the side your page gives me a 404 error page not found.

I'd love to be able to look at current bills and see a list of them to know which I've looked at and which I haven't. I keep hitting the wrong button and getting sent back, and the I can never find the bill I was just reading again. There's no forward button or list. And they all sort by trending, but the issues I care about seem to be less popular and never on the feed.

There's gotta be a better way to look at the bills beyond that one
        trending feed under "bills" .

Using Android app on LG G3 v. 5.0.1

• Kimberly StoneKimberly Stone commented  · 

Was this not handled recently? Sorry new user. I thought it was incredibly easy to read through the legislation that would be up for vote the week of January 30th I voted on several of the issues because of the link and availability. As long as this becomes a regular instillation or even a page option I will continue to vote on weekly issues.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Upcoming bills and bills in committee are most important for advocacy, but voting records are important to get to know your legislator.

• JessJess commented  · 

My biggest problem with this site is that it's impossible to act in a timely manner. This suggestion addresses that.

Site creators : Make it easier for us to act on time en masse! Are there certain days of the week or the month that concerned citizens should be checking in to act in time? TELL US with an event calendar and alerts, etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. That's what I hoped this app could do when I downloaded it. I registered with congress.org. They say they will send an email every week that congress is in session, and include what votes are upcoming. We'll see how that works out.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The current system is ridiculous, why would we want countable writing an email to our representatives about bills that have already passed or failed!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to be able to see what is on the voting calendar in both the House and Senate so we can make sure our Congresspersons can get our feedback.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great idea. Valuable addition.

• Anonymous commented  · 

agreed. most recent category for the win!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be great! I was hoping there would be a "most recent" category that shows upcoming bills.

• Anonymous commented  · 

@anonymous I typically get emails so I'm assuming they send something to representatives but I'm not sure.

Regardless, a sorting by voting option would be great. right now I'm not sure if it's just posted by most recent or what. It's a little odd

• Anonymous commented  · 

What happened to the format that you were using for voting on legislation and posting it then having my opinion forwarded to my elected officials? Now you are asking me to make a video which I do not want to do and all it says about my opinion is that it is saved. I want my opinions posted and shown where it was forwarded to my congressional rep and senators. Thanks! Jim Strande.

• Bob & Connie CramerBob & Connie Cramer commented  · 

I would like to be notified on up coming bills and be able to enter my vote yea or nay

Feedback and Knowledge Base