I suggest Countable ...

Add more "local" options

Not all of us live in San Francisco or New York and it would be great to have a local bill tracking option for other states/countries

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AustanAustan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Please help those of us with crazy state governments (Kansas) have a way to keep our representatives on track! We've got a great OpenGov group here in Wichita that would love to help this move forward!

• Anonymous commented  · 

You ask us for our location but y

• Anonymous commented  · 

Local political decisions, particularly at the state level, tend to have a greater impact in every day life than federal policies. For example, the nation passed the Affordable Care Act, but many states decided not to use it to expand Medicaid.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I know I live in a very small town. But I could county bills being a possibility

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. I would love to see a feature for Arkansas' bills and issues.

This is a great app that is heading in the right direction.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be fantastic! I'd love to see this in Phoenix, I know a lot more people are getting involved here and would help out.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes I would love this locally! I would volunteer to help gather info for MA!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I understand local is hard to gather, but doing state legislations would be easier and benefit those at the local level still.

Maybe add Chicago, LA, Dallas, etc, to the local as far as cities go (definitely Chicago and LA at least) and then add states, starting with the "big" states (Texas, IL, NY, California, etc).

I'm more than happy to help as far as making this happen for IL. I have some contacts within state government...the sooner we can make this happen the better. Please feel free to reach out to me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great if there was a section for state laws. It doesn't even have to be by cities.

• Nick FenikNick Fenik commented  · 

Firstly, it would be fantastic if local , municipal, legislation was available. It would be hard to pilot but ,in a big city like NY the direct interaction of community reps and the people they serve could have more impact that you're able to achieve at the national level.

I was also thinking that tying in the ability to financially support that representative through you app could be powerful. As long as it stayed more on the public's side to freely donate and wasn't opened to the reps themselves to campaign directly on the app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please!! That more local this gets!! Maybe even for state legislatures? You are doing awesome work!!! Thank you!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Local options for elections and candidates, too.

• B. T. SundraB. T. Sundra commented  · 

I believe this is something the team at Countable is working on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base